Work Status Details: Full Time | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Department: Education-Faith Regional University | Reports To: Exec Director-Human Resources & Education
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
The Registered Nurse Clinical Educator is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, coordination, and evaluation related to clinical orientation, staff development, competency, and education that enhances employee performance and organizational success.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Utilizes components of the educational process: needs assessment, description of the target audience, educational objectives, content outline, teaching method and evaluation.
2. Selects content, faculty, and teaching methods based on adult learning principles, expected learner outcome, and evidence-based practice.
3. Demonstrates skill in presenting information.
4. Assists with or plans, develops, coordinates, evaluates, and documents organizational education and/or simulation for clinical orientation, new products, staff development, competency, and educational programs.
5. Assists Primary Nurse Planner with programs for Continuing Nurse Education (CNE), Continuing Medical Education (CME), and other clinical credit (Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the continuing education activities).
6. Serves on appointed hospital committees.
7. Coordinates Life Support & CPI Classes: CPR, ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, ENPC & CPI.
8. Works in collaboration with nursing staff by completing educator rounds.
9. Research current evidence-based practice on medical topics and assists employees in locating pertinent literature, workshops, and/or other education.
10. Plans, develops, and assigns education via online learning management system.
11. Understands and assists with operation of audiovisual equipment within conference/meeting room spaces.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license or temporary permit from the State of Nebraska.
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire.
Previous Experience Requirements: Required/Preferred
Previous clinical experience ☒ ☐
2 years of previous experience in field ☐ ☒
Skills/Knowledge Requirements: Required/Preferred
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. ☒ ☐
Proficiency with Microsoft Office ☐ ☒
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website