Work Status Details: Full Time | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: M-F 7a-8p; Saturday 8a-8p; Sunday 10a-6p; Every other weekend
Department: Urgent Care FRPS | Reports To: Clinic Manager-Occupational Health
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care. As a provider-led multispecialty healthcare team, Faith Regional Physician Services is committed to delivering high-quality, comprehensive services to the people of Northeast Nebraska.
Under direct supervision, performs radiographic procedures ordered by a medical provider to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries. Directly responsible for obtaining radiographic studies and development or processing of those studies into quality images to ensure accurate patient diagnoses. The Radiology Technologist works effectively with patients and patients' families and maintains a cooperative relationship with departmental personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☒ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☒ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
2. Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the FRPS Clinic as defined in the scope of practice, to assure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This includes but is not limited to the age of the patient served.
- Perform routine radiographic procedures according to clinic policies and procedures.
- Produce quality radiographic images through selection of the appropriate calibration and technique and by ensuring proper development and/or processing of all images.
- Maintain knowledge of anatomy and pathology in order to produce high quality images.
- Proficiently operate all functions of radiographic equipment.
- Select and manipulate appropriate technical factors to obtain quality radiographic images.
- Ensure that procedures are completed in a prompt manner, from receipt of orders through processing of images to ensure optimum interpretation of all images.
- Review images and adjust technical factors, as appropriate, to assist with patient diagnosis.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic processor mechanics; recognize the appearance of contaminated chemistry and/or related chemical artifacts on images and notify bioelectronics personnel when necessary for adjustments or repairs of equipment.
- Ensure proper radiation protection methods are always in place to protect patients, staff and self, according to prescribed safety standards.
- Utilize effective patient care and communication skills to obtain optimum patient rapport.
- Monitor patient condition and take appropriate action to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Work to ensure patient comfort, safety and modesty throughout all procedures.
- Practice sterile technique, when appropriate, to prevent cross-contamination of patients, staff and equipment.
- Maintain adequate supply of inventory in work areas and notify supervisor when additional supplies are required.
- Identify all images with accurate, compete and readable information (i.e., patient identification, left, right, supine or upright views, date, time, etc.).
- Record patient history and examination information as required; consistently monitor orders and requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Wear film badges to assure compliance with radiation safety monitoring standards.
- Use protective devices and techniques according to radiation safety policies and guidelines.
- Ensure the safety of other staff members, patients and visitors in unshielded areas.
- Maintain cleanliness of radiology rooms, equipment and work areas.
- Perform clerical duties as necessary.
- Assist with transportation of patients to and from the radiology rooms as required.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program required.
EDUCATION FIELD OF STUDY (If Applicable):
Radiologic Technology preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire required.
Previous Experience Requirements:
Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
- Computer Skills – Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently required.
- Customer Service required.
- Time Management – Ability to manage time and tasks efficiently required.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to socially interact and communicate with others in a positive and professional manner required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- Current Medical Radiographer license or temporary permit from the State of Nebraska required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website