Work Status Details: Full Time | 72.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: Three 12s or two 12s and two 8s. Every 3rd weekend/ Holiday
Department: Nutrition Services | Reports To: Manager-Nutrition Services
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
The Nutrition Services Specialist works in both the kitchen and in the patient care areas. Assists in the delivery of quality food services by performing duties, which include, but are not limited to, service of patient meals, menus collection and assisting patient with menus.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☒ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☒ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☒ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☒ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
2. Prepares menu and/or tray for all therapeutic diets.
3. Assists patients with completion of menu using proper customer service expectations.
4. Delivers trays to patients using proper patient identification and customer service expectations.
5. Identifies prescribed diet and references for nutrition information.
6. Maintains quality control measures to ensure temperature, attractiveness and palatability of food.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Always observes infection control practices.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Implements "clean as you go" strategy.
- Monitors food and equipment temperatures.
- Utilizes proper hand washing techniques.
- Sanitizes surfaces after use.
- Follows cleaning schedules and records completed jobs.
- Uses "first in, first out" procedures.
9. Prepares food items like simple salads, cutting fruits or vegetables, bake pre-made cookies, etc.
10. Prepares and delivers items as requested by patients or departments.
- Delivers food carts to patient care units. Returns carts to kitchen at designated times.
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
15. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.EDUCATION:
GED or High School Diploma preferred.
Previous Experience Requirements:
Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Previous food service experience preferred.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Required to be 16 years of age to apply.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website