Work Status Details: Full Time | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: Evenings-Nights Rotation
Department: St Joseph's Nursing | Reports To: Director of Nursing-Nursing Home
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
The certified nursing assistant (CNA) assists the nurse in providing activities of daily living and personal needs and comfort of residents. The CNA works under the direction of the licensed nurse and adheres to department and hospital policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Each unit/job is unique and may include other tasks or duties that are specific to the unit and will be included as part of orientation. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☐ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☐ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
Contributes to the assessment of the health status of individuals including interactions of individuals with family members or group members by:
- Collecting basic subjective and objective data from observations and interviews. The data to be collected is identified by the RN and/or LPN.
- Providing necessary safety measures.
- Providing information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
- Reporting and recording the collected data.
2. Contributes to the development of the plan of care and to the establishment of nursing diagnosis by:
- Identifying and reporting basic information and data of signs and symptoms of deviations from normal health status which licensed nurse's use in identification of problems and needs.
3. Participates in the giving of direct care by:
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), personal cares, and encouraging self-care;
- Providing comfort measures and emotional support to client/residents whose condition is stable and/or predictable;
- Assisting with basic maintenance and restorative nursing;
- Observing or Sitting 1:1 with patients;
- Providing a safe and healthy environment;
- Documenting and communicating completion of assigned/delegated activities and client/resident responses;
- Seeking guidance and direction when appropriate;
- Performing technical aspects of resident care according to established policies and procedures.
4. Contributes to the evaluation of care by:
- Documenting and communicating client/resident responses.
- Assisting with collection of data.
5. Performs all responsibilities/duties required of a CNA at St. Joseph's Rehabilitation and Care Center as defined in the scope of practice, to assure that the unique nature of the resident is addressed. This includes but is not limited to the age of the resident served.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains current competency by attending unit and hospital based educational offerings wither in person or online.
- Actively engages in unit activities and team meetings and attends required meetings.
- Demonstrates active engagement in department activities and evidence-based initiatives.
- Demonstrates dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department and hospital.
- Demonstrates willingness to float to other units as needed.
- Accepts assignment of preceptor for new staff.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
GED or High School Diploma preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification from the State of Nebraska required.
Previous clinical experience preferred.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Must be 16 years of age to apply required.
Must be 18 years of age due to operation of mechanical lift equipment required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website