Posted Date: Jan 17, 2020
Position Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST
Location: Seattle, WA
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary
Working as a Financial Analyst for Compass Group will allow you the opportunity to work with the global leader in food service and hospitality - supporting our accounts with some of the most recognized and high-profile corporations in the world! You will educate, inform and influence business leaders as well as our clients, and take on complex projects with high visibility and operational impact. If you have a roll-up-your sleves, team-oriented attitude, and a passion for people as well as numbers, this may be the job for you!
Position is based in Seattle, WA area.
- Provides financial support to operation including: lending financial perspective to business issues facing the Region; analyzing financial statements and makes recommendations for areas of profit improvement; quantifies potential business opportunities; teaches operators on how to better understand and use financial statements; assists accounting staff and operators on how to provide data for operational reviews.
- Oversees development of Region's financial plan.
- Responsible for oversight of all accounting activity within the Region including: financial statements prepared in a timely and accurate manner, accounting conforms to generally accepted accounting principles, balance sheet accounts reconciled monthly and analyzing income statement and balance sheet for possible misstatement.
- Maintains internal controls within the Region.
- Partnering with Operational Teams to problem solve operational and financial challenges within the region.
- Prepare Proforma's and analysis for New Business and retention plans for present business.
- Keeps operations focused on optimization of working capital.
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of human resource policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations and support the preferred employer focus.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Focus in Accounting, Finance, or Business strongly preferred. CPA or MBA is a plus.
- 4+ years experience as a financial leader and partner to operation leadership
- Prior experience providing financial support & leadership in the food service industry desired
- Proficient with MS Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of associates
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and team skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in dynamic work environment
- Detail oriented team player with initiative
Great People. Real Opportunities.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 368949
Apply on company website