As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Great Opportunity!
Approximately 40% of the world's mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market.
With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.
The organization within Business Unit Networks seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions.
- Full-stack virtualization of the 5G
- CRAN & DRAN configuration, COTS HW including L1 accelerators
- Cloud-Native infrastructure based on ADP framework for SW based on micro-services and containers
- Open interfaces, architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Sub-6 & Mid-Band AAS to start with, High-Band in the future
- Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
Be actively engaged in the architecture definition and proactively drive the Virtual Digital Unit (vDU) side, in particular:
- Be able to deliver scalability, resilience and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Have the opportunity to apply Data Science techniques (AI/ML) to solving product and test technical challenges
- Modularize the implementation such that it can handle multiple type of interface and multiple types of Radios
- Strive for delivery of product and test code that improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
To be successful in the role you must have
- Experience with the Systematization and Implementation of NR Digital Unit functions
- Experience with Data Science application to solving product and test technical challenges is a strong asset
- Experience working with Cloud Native core design principles and developing through the Cloud Native Development Pipeline is a strong asset
- Collaborative and excellent teammate
- B.SC or M.SC in Electrical Engineering
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Reports to Head of DU AAS, within the Cloud organization.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (877) 338-9966 for further assistance.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 538720
Apply on company website