Date: Aug 21, 2020
Role: Solution Architect - Solution Architect - Security Design
Salary: 65,000 - 85,000 per annum
Posting Date: 21/08/2020
Application deadline: 21/09/2020
Solution Architect - Security Design
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help craft a more sustainable world.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect specialising in RAN IP Transport and Security, responsible for analysing, crafting and developing commercially viable RAN Solutions for our customers in UK. You will collaborate with the customer, handling all aspects of RAN Transport & Security High Level Design and Detailed Design for 4G and 5G RAN.
You will also provide profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
You will be working on transport solutions for the latest Ericsson Radio System products, including Radio, Baseband and Transport products.
- Chair technical discussions with customer on all RAN Transport design issues
- Produce the RAN Transport HLD and LLD for the deployment of Ericsson 4G & 5G RAN solutions into the Radio Access Network, based on customer network architecture, business strategy, considering E2E impact.
- Responsible for the RAN transport connectivity design from Radio baseband to customer's core network. Logical connectivity design for all site type variants. IPSec Architecture design & Radio baseband Auto-Integration functionality and how this integrates into customer network
- Produce RAN transport High Level Security Design as well as Delivering all RAN Transport design activities required for the successful introduction and acceptance of new radio hardware, software and features, or new RAN architectures introduced into the customer network.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer's transport network architecture and assess impact of any changes of the RAN design on the customers Access Transport Network E2E toward the Core
- 8 years of RAN Transport Design experience with Ericsson Radio products
- Experience of Ericsson Radio System products (ERS)
- Experienced in RAN transport / IP transport & security concepts
- Demonstrable experience in producing design documents
- Knowledge and experience working on RAN Swap and RAN refresh projects
- Experience of new product introduction, lab testing and field trial
- Degree Level / HND in Technical Field or Relevant Technical Experience
Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a company who can offer professional progression? Are you keen on a role that offers the option of flexible working?
If the answer is Yes to all the above, Ericsson offers all of this and more!
We can offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Solution Architect
Recruiter: Chris Small
Apply on company website