Our Exciting Opportunity:
As a designer can you visualize starting with a clean sheet of paper around how you do your job from a technology, tools and flow perspective? Tired of legacy tools and flows? You will get to help define and drive closure on how design is done. To be clear this is a brand-new team so think “new” in a broad context. As a designer, Ericsson ASICs will be very challenging, and they will require your “A” game to claim victory in this new arena. So, if coming in on the ground floor, helping build the flows, working with the latest technology, tackling complex designs and having a lot of fun appeal to you then you are looking at the right opportunity and company to be part of.
The Ericsson Radio and Baseband Products have our ASICs as their backbone and our challenge is to design and deliver those so that our 5G leadership position in the market accelerates. Our ASICS will be challenging when you consider the overall combination of size/complexity, power, performance targets, advanced process node technology and pushing the design methodology on an ongoing basis. We can assure that you won't get bored working with us. The role will help build the initial team and then work closely with the other engineering disciplines in Austin and Sweden as the design takes shape at the IP, SOC and system level to make sure that the final ASIC achieves the goals of the program. You will also work closely with our partners and other sites as we continue to build out our capability as we compete with the best in the world to maintain our leadership position.
The last key point is that our ASICs are part of Ericsson's vertical development capability. We can combine and leverage all of the engineering and development resources within the company to deliver a product that is highly optimized and therefore more competitive in the marketplace.
- Be an empowered physical designer tackling the various aspects of ASIC physical design
- Participate at either the IP or SOC level with opportunity for change in focus as projects needs allow
- Partner with other engineers from the design team and other disciplines to define and develop ASIC physical designs. This would include physical designers from both SOC and IP plus CAD teams
- Assist in building the team by helping recruit, interview, ramp-up and mentor other team members as necessary and appropriate
- Participate in defining flows, methods, select tools, drive continual improvement, and closure of issues
- Work with advanced process node technology
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- 8+ years of physical design experience in SOC/IP/ASIC design and minimum of a BS EE/CE
- Accomplished at problem resolution and execution per project plan/needs
- Meaningful impact on complex physical designs through back-end design process
- Strong background in back-end design methods, processes, design/implementation
- Good working knowledge of back-end tools and flows – floor planning, P&R, timing, power, EMIR, DFM, DFT, clocking, power grid analysis, thermal, physical verification, synthesis, and sign-off
- Acted as a mentor or have given technical assistance to more junior team members
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply? To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Austin || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 556203
Apply on company website