As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Approximately 40% of the world's mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market. With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.PDU Cloud RAN
The organization within Business Unit Networks seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions. We try to accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. We challenge established flow with new methodologies and are active in the open-source communities.Our Great Opportunity!
- Coordinate full-stack Virtualization of the 5G NR CU and DU
- Implement CRAN & DRAN configurations
- COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed
- Cloud-Native infrastructure based on ADP framework for SW based on micro-services and containers
- Open interfaces (e.g F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS…)
- Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Sub-6 & Mid-Band AAS to start with, High-Band in the future
- Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
Be actively engaged in the architecture definition and proactively drive the Systematization of vDU and related E2E functions, in particular:
- Be able to deliver scalability, resilience, and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Strive for delivery of product and test code which improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
- Champion a systematization and implementation that enable rapid feature parity in a Stand-Alone and Hybrid network environment
- Experience with the implementation of NR Scheduler and Physical Layer functions
- Experience with simulation tools
- Experience working with Cloud Native core design principles (microservices, containers, pods, Master/worker nodes) is a great asset
- Experience developing through the Cloud Native Development Pipeline principles and tools (CI/CD (DevOps), Jenkins, Spinnaker) and how test vectors can be shown as an outstanding asset
- 5-6 years' work in Wireless & SW and/or Cloud Native product development
- 2-3 years' work experience in functions related to NR Scheduler and Physical Layer
- BSc or MSc level in a Software related field
- Having shown an innovative demeanour
- Great interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Reports to Head of DU AAS, within the Cloud organization.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (877) 338-9966 for further assistance.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 538723
Apply on company website