Date: Sep 17, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn,
lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Development System and Environment is part of the Digital Services R&D and Portfolio. We Build and Manage a Compelling State of the Art Development System and Development Environment (design, test and deploy) that give Ericsson a Competitive Advantage.
We are now looking for a highly ambitious and experienced engineer to join our team with the main responsibility to develop, test, optimize and operate full-stack distributed telco cloud infrastructure targeting for cloud-native IoT and 5G applications. We prefer a candidate that has competence and experience within Cloud Native Environment.
- Develop, test, operate high-quality failure resistant cloud-ready infrastructure
- Automate and build outstanding continuous integration, continuous deployment pipeline
- Work independently, an open mind and self-driven
- Work with Ericsson developers globally in an inner-sourcing mode
To be successful in the role you must have
- Extensive experience in developing carrier-grade virtual platforms in the cloud environment
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills, automation and programming
- Linux system administration and network administration
- Multi Datacenter management, replication, scaling, performance tuning
- Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and integrating/adapting open source tools
- Education: MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ph.D. is a plus
- At least 3 years' experience in the IT/Telco industry, having proven experience in software design and development for sophisticated platforms
- Experience with open-source and proprietary cloud and virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Network, scaling and performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Passionate about flawless uptime and infrastructure resiliency to failures
- Delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance
- Continues learning habit and thirsty with open source technology and reading open source code
- Experience on CI/CD workflow is a plus
- Stay on top of CNCF landscape: https://www.cncf.io/
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of adventurous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for
next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 436327
Apply on company website