Date: Oct 6, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson Research develops new communication solutions and standards. The organization has responsibility to provide Ericsson with world-class system concepts, technology innovations, and methodology.
We are establishing a new research group in Japan. Focus is on air interface concepts, algorithm research, standardization (mainly 3GPP) and potentially some testbed/trial activities. External engagements towards customers, universities and other parts of the eco-system is a natural part of the responsibilities of the position and the operational scope. The group will contribute in our global research project portfolio.
- Investigate and evaluate concepts and solutions for future radio access technologies and standards, such as 6G, 3GPP NR and IEEE 802.11
- continuously develop and improve work of existing standards
- Master physical layer techniques (multiple access technologies, modulation, channel coding, parameter estimation, multi-antenna transmitter and receiver algorithms, etc.)
- Use simulation tools as means of evaluation
- Understand the interaction between link and system performance, to ensure that proposed access solutions are enabling efficient overall performance
- Understand hardware possibilities and limitations, based on today's and tomorrow's technologies
Over time, you will work with algorithm design, model and simulator tool development, simulations, concept design and standardization. A wide range of additional opportunities, such as customer interactions, testbed implementation and field performance tasks, exist as well.
To be successful in the role you must have
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree, or similar, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above-mentioned required skills.
- Competence and experience in more than two of the following areas: signal processing, control theory, wireless communications, and communications hardware.
- Skill in structured object-oriented programming, preferably both C++ and Matlab, as computer simulations will be natural parts of the work in addition to analytical evaluations.
- Good knowledge in simulation and evaluation tool methodology
- Good communication in written and spoken English, Japanese is preferable
- Ability to handle theoretical and practical research as well as the development aspects of the work
- Team skills, since collaboration and interaction with other skilled researchers daily are the basis for our ways of working
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || JP-37-YO Yokohama || R&D
Apply on company website