Our Exciting Opportunity:
Join as one of the first CAD engineers on our journey of building a new physical design organization. Have you longed for the day you could say out with the old and in with the new? This is truly your chance to do just that as you can bring in your fresh ideas and thinking. Our new COT (customer owned tooling) org is being tasked with bringing physical design into Ericsson and we intend to build a world class capability from day one. As a CAD engineer, Ericsson ASICs will be very challenging, and they will require your “A” game to claim victory in this new arena. So, if coming in on the ground floor, helping build the flows, working with the latest technology, tackling complex designs, and having a lot of fun appeal to you then you are looking at the right opportunity and company to be part of.
The Ericsson Radio and Baseband Products have our ASICs as their backbone and our challenge is to design and deliver those so that our 5G leadership position in the market accelerates. Our ASICS will be challenging when you consider the overall combination of size/complexity, power, performance targets, advanced process node technology and pushing the design methodology on an ongoing basis. We can assure that you won't get bored working with us. The role will help build the initial team and then work closely with the other engineering disciplines in Austin and Sweden as the design takes shape at the IP, SOC and system level to make sure that the final ASIC achieves the goals of the program. You will also work closely with our partners and other sites as we continue to build out our capability as we compete with the best in the world to maintain our leadership position.
The last key point is that our ASICs are part of Ericsson's vertical development capability. We can combine and leverage all the engineering and development resources within the company to deliver a product that is highly optimized and therefore more competitive in the marketplace.
- Be an empowered CAD engineer tackling the various aspects of supporting and building out the capability of ASIC physical design
- Support IP and SOC level designs and team members
- Partner with other engineers from the design team and other disciplines to define and develop ASIC physical designs. This would include physical designers from both SOC and IP plus methodology engineers
- Assist in building the team by helping recruit, interview, ramp-up and mentor other team members as necessary and appropriate
- Participate in defining flows, methods, select tools, drive continual improvement, and closure of issues
- Work with advanced process node technology and develop infrastructure as needed
- Work with CAD tool vendors to evaluate new tools, solve bugs, improve usability, etc.
- Support the use, debug, and enhancement of component libraries from foundry or third parties
- Install and support PDKs
- Support custom cell development to enable the use and leverage by the design team
- Develop scripts and SW as needed to support the design environment by utilizing best tool/language/method for the need
- Work with a variety of tools from EDA suppliers such as Synopsys, Cadence, and Mentor
- Develop a design capability that is automated, efficient, maintainable, predictable, and scalable over time
- Tuning the design flows to achieve optimal power, performance, area, and turnaround time on a range of designs
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- 8+ years of experience in CAD development and minimum of a BS EE/CE
- Accomplished at problem resolution and execution per project plan/needs
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in TCL, Python or Perl
- Experience with advanced process nodes. Ideally 7nm or smaller
- Meaningful impact on complex physical designs through back-end design process
- Strong background in back-end design methods, processes, design/implementation
- Good working knowledge of back-end tools and flows – floor planning, P&R, timing, power, EMIR, DFM, DFT, clocking, power grid analysis, thermal, physical verification, synthesis, and sign-off
- Acted as a mentor or have given technical assistance to more junior team members
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about providing excellent support for users and solving problems
- Experience with PPA optimization methodologies is strongly preferred.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply? To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Austin || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 557551
Apply on company website