Date: Oct 14, 2020
Functional Area : Service Delivery
Travel requirement: 25%
Work Location: Sunway, Malaysia
Application Closing date: 31st October 2020
Background Check: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Phenomenal Opportunity
The Packet Core Solution Integrator will provide in-depth, expert level support and advise the Digital Service team in Packet Core domain. Work closely with Network Function Virtualization (NFV) program team encompassing CS Core, IMS Core, Packet Core and other counterparts in customer Solution Designing, High Level Design/ Low Level Design based on the requirements and Installation, Integration, configuration of SGSN-MME/EPG/DSC/SAPC/WMG. Resource will be encouraged to initiate and participate in knowledge-sharing activities, as well as coaching and mentoring others in team to build their competence.
- Will support Packet Core pre-sales activities, including pre-studies
- Plan and execute the implementation of the Packet Core product configuration / integration and migration work
- Prepare Packet Core system test, module test and acceptance test
- Will work to identify and drive improvements in customer Packet Core network
To be successful in the role the requirements are:
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Packet Core network deployments
- Expertise in Solution, Design and integration of Packet Core Nodes which should primarily includes vEPC (vMME, vEPG, vSAPC), SGSN, GGSN, MME, EPG, PCRF / SAPC, ePDG / WMG
- Should have end to end understanding of the Packet Core Solutions, Cloud environment and understanding of how EPC solutions can be deployed over cloud
- Should have deep knowledge of 4G and 5G call flows, and overall knowledge of the latest technologies in the Telecom space including VoLTE, VoWiFi, IoT etc
- Expertise / knowledge / Solid understanding of RHOS / CEE /Docker/Containers/Kubernetes over BSP / Dell / HP / HDS, and orchestrators such as ATLAS, ECM etc.
- Should have expertise / Solid understanding of onboarding, integration of the v-EPC on the Cloud environment.
- Sound understanding of troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, K12/K15 / Spirent.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute's methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Malaysia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
What happens next once you apply?
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union.
Apply on company website