Date: Sep 17, 2020
Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson is now looking for Master Thesis Workers with ML/AI skills and good coding skills in Python/Java/C++ or other languages to work on interesting problems as part of their Global AI Accelerator team.
If you have an understanding of ML and AI technologies and you want to apply and extend your skills to solve real-world, complex problems with high societal impact, going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising, then you do want to join Ericsson's global team of Data Scientists! Together, we will be pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
We are providing a master thesis opportunity for an aspiring data scientist who gets inspired by large datasets, solving complex problems in a cross-functional team of data scientists and subject matter experts. Someone who likes pushing the latest technology boundaries in the data science field.
In the fifth-generation mobile networks 5G, AI technologies are an integral part of making the networks meet the new challenges and deliver performance that far exceeds networks of today. 5G networks with distributed edge compute, will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity.
Already today, in order to create new value from data in real time, we use several methods including reinforcement learning, deep learning, semantic reasoning and more conventional learning techniques. By using these technologies, we are able to maximize the output for each function in our highly distributed and decentralized networks making them more resilient, adaptive and optimized than has ever been possible before. Machine Learning and other AI technologies also allows us to fuel new innovation we can't imagine today!
Purpose of the Thesis:
As a Master Thesis intern, you will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Machine Intelligence to accelerate current Ericsson offerings as well creating new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high-quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI's needs
To be successful in the role you must have
- Good skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Possibly a good understanding (Github, open source etc.) in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, H2o, Spark etc. in developing ML/AI applications
- Knowledge about data wrangling and data munging, using Big Data technologies
- Good analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce deliverables in a more efficient way
Minimum mandatory qualification:
- Student of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field (e.g. applied mathematics/statistics)
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location for this role: Stockholm, Sweden
Last day to apply: 31.10.2020
If you have any specific questions regarding the role, please contact the Recruiter, Sylwia Kwiecien at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Stud&YP
Req ID: 437589
Apply on company website