Date: Sep 18, 2020
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company's portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson's investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As the tech firm that built the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins!Our Phenomenal Opportunity
We are looking for a customer-focused with network knowledge professional who will provide in-depth technical information and design/implement solutions to one or more Customers (internal and external). The engineer will be working closely with both our R&D and the Operational Teams to deliver the best solution for the Customers or to apply the most suitable correction to the faced issues.You will
- Plan and implement Core Packet Switch and IP network equipment configurations on Ericsson M2M platform, according to specific customer requirements;
- Support test acceptance and fault management activities;
- Utilize the method of procedure (MoP) documentation & implementation (e.g. updates, upgrades & migrations);
- Be involved in the system/function verification and support activities;
- Guide trainees by on-job training, job aids, and workshops;
- 3 years' experience in the service delivery or managed services operations;
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Telecommunication/IT/Network Engineering or proven experience;
- Working experience with TCP/IP, Cisco, Juniper, Smartedge, BIG-IP, Extreme Protocol Stack knowledge (SS7, SIGTRAN) is a plus;
- Familiar with routing protocols, e.g BGP, OSPF, VRRP, JSRP;
- Solution knowledge in MPLS, layer2 & layer3 VPN;
- Solid grasp of UNIX and/or LINUX;
- CCNA & CCNP / JNCIA & JNCIP qualifications are a plus.
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!).
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on the flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
- In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid for by the company.
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 428523
Apply on company website