Date: Sep 16, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.Our Exciting Opportunity!
We are looking for a person who can help build a favorable environment for Ericsson's and our customers' success through thought leadership and trusted advice that proactively influences governments and industry organizations, in policies, legislation and regulations in the area of ICT and digital policy. You will join our European Affairs team based in Brussels being a part of our global Government & Industry Relations (GIR) organization.You will:
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with key EU institution partners (notably European Commission, European Parliament and Council of the European Union) in order to improve public policy influencing.
- Represent Ericsson in relevant organizations and associations to represent its views and interests.
- Collaborate with the Government Industry Relations team and cross-functional colleagues to develop and contribute to Ericsson´s positions and corporate strategies regarding key strategic digital policy-related issues, by identifying and demonstrating EU influencing opportunities.
- Network internally to disseminate information, as well as capture specialist input.
- Post-secondary degree in law, business administration, science or a similar area, or corresponding acquired skills/knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role, preferably in the telco industry
- Broad, general ICT/digital industry competence
- Highly developed understanding of EU policies, regulations and legislation, and associated processes, actors and relationships from a national, regional as well as a global perspective
- Ability to identify, analyze and describe significance of regulatory (and related policy) initiatives and trends to the telecom market in general and to Ericsson's business in particular
- Knowledge in regulatory-induced business opportunities and constraints
- Strategic utilization of influencing and lobbying skills based on effective communication, active engagement and networking
- Experience from and good solid understanding of the EU institutions way of working and legislative decision making process
- Proficient in English (verbal and written) any other EU languages is a plus.
Are you the one, Apply now!What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Belgium (BE) || || Brussels || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Apply on company website