LOCATION: OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA
Approximately 40% of the world's mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson Network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market. With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark.
Our exciting opportunity:
This role consists of crafting, implementing and integrating software functionality for Ericsson's products. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We coordinate in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work
- Develop and/or test software, implement new functionalities in C, C++, and python, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform continuous analysis and Requirement Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. 5G, LTE, WCDMA, WiFi)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate sophisticated new pieces of software
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Detail all system assessments, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small teams
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Solid programming skills – preferably in C/C++
- Experience with scripting in languages such as Python
- Experience developing software for real time embedded systems, preferably multi-core
- Wireless communication theory (quadrature modulation, channel coding, OFDMA, receiver theory etc)
- Experience developing uplink or downlink Layer 1 software for a major wireless standard (NR, LTE, WCDMA, WiMAX, WLAN)
- Digital signal processing programming skills (FFTs, filters, sophisticated number arithmetic)
- Clear understanding of sub-system and nodal testing and test case development
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Experience with software configuration and delivery tools such as GIT, Gerrit and Jenkins
- Worked in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of wireless test network protocol analyzers or fading channel emulators
- Excellent interpersonal skills in verbal and written English
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years commercial development experience.
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (877) 338-9966 for further assistance.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || IT
Req ID: 431742
Apply on company website