Date: Oct 9, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for highly motivated cloud storage and networking professionals with background in cloud-native SW development and edge computing!
We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible!You will
- Develop and systemize cloud-native software and solutions based on Kubernetes and related software as part of the development team.
- Experiment and use leading-edge technologies, components and methodologies for our solutions.
- Analyze customer reported defects and provide resolutions/workarounds.
- Develop automated tests alongside code for inclusion in the product's CI/CD pipelines.
- Contribute in defining and creating a go-get team culture, ways of working and environment. Work effectively in an Agile development team across the full feature life cycle including scoping, design, development, test and release.
- Drive innovation in edge computing solutions.
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud concepts such as Virtualization, Containers, Container Orchestration, Kubernetes, Docker and OpenStack
- Cloud Networking, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and other relevant Internet protocols
- Cloud Storage backend technologies such as Ceph, Cinder, Manila, iSCSI and/or ZFS
- Application and solution development using Linux Containers, Docker, etc.
- Messaging busses, systems and/or REST API's
- Interest to work with CNCF, Openstack and other Open Source Communities
- Software development, ability to write code and willingness to learn new things
- Excellent programming and troubleshooting skills in Python and Shell scripts. Go programming skills, familiarity with Container Networking (CNIs Calico/Multus), Heat templates, Ansible and Helm Charts are a plus.
- Familiarity and working experience with opensource software / Github projects is a plus.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Apply on company website