Date: Sep 16, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson among the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
We are now looking for highly motivated Cloud OpenStack and Automation Infrastructure Specialist with background in cloud-native infrastructure to join our cutting-edge organization. Our solutions allow our customer to unlock new digital services and make their systems smarter, simpler and future-proof. At Ericsson, we make Digital transformation a reality.
You are a great teammate, already familiar with modern SW development principles, OpenStack infrastructure development and maintenance, and are capable of working as part of an internal agile team. Through your previous background in cloud infrastructure, you have a thorough understanding of cloud technologies and a genuine interest to further develop yourself to become a true edge computing specialist.You will
- Push for innovation of edge computing solutions
- Work on OpenStack installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of our Cloud Infrastructure
- Experiment and use leading-edge technologies, components and methodologies for our solutions
- Contribute to a continuous improvement process and the ongoing development of a business-driven culture.
- Expand competence in technical domain
- Actively contribute in knowledge sharing and ensuring re-use within the team
- Contribute in defining and creating a go-get team culture, ways of working and environment
- Min 5 years of experience working with OpenStack installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Domain experience: Cloud storage and/or networking, OpenStack.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Deploying OpenStack (traditional and/or hyperconverged) and scaling OpenStack
- Demonstrated ability to be responsible for API functionality
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging python stack traces related to OpenStack, strong Linux systems debugging skills
- Experience with large OpenStack deployments where kvm and/or qemu was used as the primary hypervisor
- Knowledge of Cloud Automation using Ansible, Bash, Python
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios
- Openstack neutron ml2 mechanism
- Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, or LAN/WAN), experience to configure L2/L3 Switches
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including SDN, MPLS, BGP routing, switching, VXLANs
- Previous experience installing Ceph storage, configuration, administration sizing-optimizing and troubleshooting. Nexenta storage knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of storage protocols such as iSCSI, Fibre Channel, CIFS/NFS
- Knowledge of Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet
- Front-row view to leading-edge cloud technologies and deployments around the globe
- Possibility to learn and develop in a truly international company among cloud superstars
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym, tennis & football field and own cafeteria just to mention a few of the many facilities available for all!
- Learn more about Ericsson Finland https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Ht3KM4GkLzk
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply? To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Apply now or by 31st of October at the latest!
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ProdMgt
Req ID: 439964
Apply on company website