Date: Aug 21, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We're hiring a system engineer (system management) to be technically responsible for a specific system.
The system can be as small as a function area, a node, and a solution in the 5GC and EPC (Evolved Packet Core) Network.
The purpose of the system management is to identify technical requirement on the system based on the business needs and opportunity and come up with system solution to meet the technical requirement.
Suitable candidate will initially work with one function (i.e. AMF, SMF) in 5GC or one node (i.e. MME, EPG) in the EPC Network, depending on the business needs.
- Perform system study upon customer requirements, provide high-level solution with modelling as well as rough cost estimation for the complete development
- Maintain, improve and design system characteristics, act as the owner of system characteristics
- Provide guidelines on how functions are deployed and ensure developed solutions are in accordance with defined system architecture
- Define and manage technical requirement, act as the owner for technical requirement specification of the system
- Analyse characteristics impact from the customer requirement
- Design system characteristics for new product
- Take the ownership of system design and system documentation
- Define, maintain system architectures, act as the owner of system architecture
- Perform architecture review and propose architecture improvement and evolution
- Be responsible for explanation and clarification for features of the released products
- Act as the owner of technical product documentation and CPI (Customer Product Information)
- Act as contact interface regarding system issues, represent in external review/discussion, including customer discussions and workshops
To be successful in the role you must have
- A university degree or above in telecommunication, computer science or equivalent.
- More than 3 years of working experience in telecommunications industry within system management or system integration areas.
- Three categories of competence are required for system engineer.
- Competencies specific for a certain operation, occupation or task, for instance technical design, telecommunications and product knowledge.
- Knowledge on Evolved Packet Core products and solutions, Cloud concepts such as Virtualization, Containers and Container Orchestration, Cloud Networking, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and other relevant Internet protocols
- 3GPP/3GPP2, CCSA and other technical specifications/standards knowledge
- Experience in software development process and product lifecycle management process
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Shanghai || R&D
Req ID: 416107
Apply on company website