Date: Sep 17, 2020
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Are you a Software Designer who would like to join a software development team responsible for developing and testing 5G radio platform software? Do you like to focus on designing, modeling, and implementing radio platforms? Do you like working at the operating system level with kernel drivers and integrate software on the next generation ASIC's? Well, we have an exciting opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment!
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- You will be part of a software module team who is responsible for systems design, software development, and test
- You get to participate in defining software and performance for a real-time product and specifying the functional allocation between software and hardware
- Develop code for production, unit test, and automated test software
- Complete required documentation related to design and test work
In this role you will:
- Possess a deep understanding of microcontrollers, interrupts, UART, SPI, I2C, Timers, Power management, Wireless SOC's
- Utilize a proven understanding of the Yocto build environment and test infrastructure for CI/CD
- Create test automation
- Possess knowledge of Linux Kernel development, Python, Shell scripting, Assembler, Java
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- B.Sc, M.Sc, or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area
- More than 3 years of experience in firmware development, embedded systems and wireless networks as a software engineer
- Background in operating systems, kernel and driver development
- Development experience with C and C++
- Experience with Git and Gerrit
- Solid understanding of Linux as a development environment
- Ability to seek and tackle problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
- People skills required to provide effective communication to build positive relationships internally as well as externally
- The understanding of team strategies and objectives
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 433642
Apply on company website