Indirect Tax ManagerAbout Us:
Epicor Software is a global technology leaderdedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Ourmodern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency andproductivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have astellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate aboutbuilding exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constantinnovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players whoinspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.About the Role:
The Indirect Tax Manager will beresponsible for the State and Local Indirect Tax compliance, audit, planning,reporting and process improvements for the company's US & Canadian basedoperations. The position will report to Indirect Tax Director and will belocated in Austin, Texas.
The Indirect Tax Manager independentlyexecutes State and Local indirect tax returns and prepayments, includingperforming necessary research, analysis, and effective use of tax compliancetools; ensures proper documentation retention. He/she acts as a liaison betweentax department and internal or external tax compliance resources and resolvesState and Local Indirect Tax notices, correspondence and audit; conductsanalyses to identify implications; assists with researching, preparing, andcommunicating positions; documents audit results and implements correctivemeasures post audit. He/she participates in planning; uses understanding oforganizational structure, business, and tax law to generate tax planning ideasrelevant to the company and, if requested, uses available resources to identifytax planning ideas.What You'll Do:
- Preparation andfiling of US sales/use tax returns, Canadian VAT returns, and other indirecttax returns,
- Preparation,review, and submission of monthly indirect tax account reconciliations,
- Preparation,review, and submission of monthly indirect tax account journal entries,
- Preparation,review, and submission of quarterly indirect tax reserve account analyses,
- Manage customerexemption certificates,
- Monitor andassess changes to state and local tax legislation and the related implicationsto the company
- Develop andimplement procedures to maintain and effectively manage an existing taxabilitymatrix covering the company's products.
- Review theapplication of indirect taxes to sales and purchases transactions
- Respond or assistwith response to customer or vendor inquiries concerning the application oftax,
- Respond to taxauthorities to resolve tax related notices and inquiries,
- Manage andconduct various indirect tax audits administered by tax authorities,
- Assist with otherdepartment with projects as needed.
- This will be avery “hands on” position, the successful applicant must be willing to get intoand work with the details of the company's indirect tax compliance
Apply on company website