EPIC has an opportunity for a talented and resourceful individual to design and code predictive models as part of EPIC's actuarial and analytics group. The work provides exposure to commercial property and casualty risks as well as health/benefits modeling. Prior specialization is less important than creativity, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence. This role prioritizes communication, relationships and professional growth.
- Listening to understand the needs with internal and external clients
- Problem-solving using spreadsheets, cat models, R or similar
- Developing and maintaining claims simulation models for external client decision support
- Creating underwriting and pricing models for internal clients
- Soft skill development and actuarial accreditation
- Internal business network development
- Maintenance and development of analytics and models
- Able to consume technical material and adapt new technology quickly and joyfully
- Quick on one's feet. Bravery in developing estimates and predictions
- Presents technical information in an appropriate way for a given audience
- Driven to succeed as part of a team
- Capable of working efficiently in a remote team environment that may at times be asynchronous
- Deliberate in development of one's career, personal network, and skill set
- Ability to work comfortably on a number of projects at once and manage one's own schedule
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting or Finance
- One to 3 years of experience in P&C actuarial or data science.
- Excellent excel skills and computer literacy.
- Experience in coding, particularly in predictive modeling and manipulating data with R, Python, SAS or SQL.
- Ability to lead a conversation with non-technical audiences.
- Big picture thinker with intellectual curiosity and a high level of general/industry knowledge.
- Pursuing CAS actuarial credential
- Ability to travel 10 days per year
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply on company website