Company: Envue Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Minimum 1 year of front desk experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Proficient with PMS system and computer literacy a must.
- Advanced knowledge of brand's reward program.
- Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Communicate well with guests.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all front office operations and individual job requirements.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- General knowledge of local area attractions and transportation.
- Must be able to stand up for 4 or more hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations and react in accordance to our policy.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
- Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being applied.
- Assist in implementing company and franchise programs.
- Assist in preparing reports and assist in the development of the Rooms Division budget.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system.
- Provide training for entry level associates.
- Assist in the development and implementation of controls for expense management.
- Assist in resolving problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Provide feedback for associate performance appraisals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office Quality Standards are complied with and are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Maintain all front desk related equipment and a par stock of supplies.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Develop strong relations with the sales team and other operations departments.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Cover desk shifts when necessary
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website