Envision Physician Services is currently seeking a Chief of Anesthesia to join the team at HCA Florida JFK North Hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida. Conveniently located off I-95. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is interested in stepping into a leadership role, in an intimate, tight-knit environment.
Highlights of these opportunities include:
• Newly Increased Lucrative Compensation!
• Anesthesia Care team is comprised of 6 physicians and 8 APPs
• The team covers HCA Florida JFK North (formerly West Palm Hospital)
• Cases include General, Ortho, ENT, Urology, Endo, Pain and healthy Peds; 2022 Annual Case count approximately 6,000
• NO Trauma, OB, Cardiac or Neuro
The Chief of Anesthesiology is a member of the anesthesia staff sharing in patient care and call responsibilities in conjunction with leadership and administrative duties.
In addition to clinical responsibilities, the Chief position includes, but is not limited to, the following non-clinical duties:
• Developing a solid, qualified care team of anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists.
• Supervising departmental staff and providing ongoing evaluation of anesthesia skills and job performance.
• Fostering a positive collaborative work environment and managing relationships with surgeons, other members of the medical staff, administrative management, hospital staff as well as the anesthesia team.
• Assisting the facility and providing leadership in management of Perioperative Services.
• Establishing and maintaining policies and procedures pertinent to the conduct of anesthesia care, including follow up care and integrating best practices and standards of clinical care into departmental practice.
• Initiating expanding service lines within the healthcare system and supporting other hospital and departmental initiatives.
• Assuring department compliance with Medical Staff and hospital policies, rules and regulations and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Assisting providers and credentialing support staff in maintaining appropriate licensing, certifications, and privileges
• Must be Board Certified, and licensed or eligible for licensure as a physician in Florida.
• Demonstrated experience managing clinical and operational challenges of an anesthesia department.
• ACLS and BLS certification through American Heart Association.
Envision offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401K, and paid malpractice with tail coverage.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Cory Carter, Senior Clinical Recruiter, at 972-310-0689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Facility
A 245-bed acute care facility, HCA Florida JFK North Hospital is designed with our patients in mind. Conveniently located and equipped with semi and large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our superbly trained and attentive staff is committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences and positive medical outcomes. Our comprehensive offering of hospital services not only establishes HCA Florida JFK North Hospital as a premiere, full-service hospital, but makes certain that our caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve. We are proud of our Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. This distinction is a direct result of our physicians and employees' commitment to clinical excellence. Our mission is to provide a superior patient experience with compassion, empathy, honesty and respect.
About the Community
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital is located in beautiful West Palm Beach! The community offers the best shopping, top-rated restaurants, and several community historical landmarks. The outdoor enthusiast will enjoy the proximity to several award winning golf courses, tennis, polo and boating at one of the many marinas in the area. The area offers the option of both city and suburban living and has several communities offering a variety of family entertainment including swimming pools, sporting events, shopping malls and many other activities. The location is ideal with easy access to airports and Port of Miami which is home to several cruise ships travelling to the Caribbean Islands.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website