The Department of Anesthesiology at HCA Florida West Hospital is establishing a new Anesthesiology Residency program with an estimated start date of July 2025!
We are currently seeking a dynamic physician leader for the role of Anesthesiology Residency Program Director, eager to build a program from the ground up. Experience the prestige of being an academic leader supporting the largest GME provider in the United States (HCA Healthcare) and help shape the direction of medical education at the Division and National level!
Candidates with experience as a Program Director, Assistant Program Director and/or Core Faculty with leadership involvement are strongly preferred.
Qualified Candidates Must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as Core Faculty in an ACGME-accredited residency
- Maintain Board Certification in Anesthesiology
- Have previous leadership/administrative experience
- Be willing to combine administrative, didactic, and clinical responsibilities
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Accountability for the operation of the Anesthesiology Residency Program
- Development of curriculum (including simulation), policies, and procedures for the program
- Obtain and maintain ACGME accreditation and state approval
- Recruitment of residents into the program and development of evaluation processes
Envision Physician Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, bonus structure, CME, generous time off, 401k, relocation assistance, and paid malpractice with tail coverage.
For more information, please contact Sherri Karas, Clinical Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-223-2060.
About the Facility
HCA Florida West Hospital is a 560-bed general and surgical acute-care hospital offering cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine, and many other medical specialties.
HCA Florida West Hospital provides market-leading outcomes, recognized as the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, first Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and the only Certified Atrial Fibrillation Program. It has been designated an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and has been named a "Key Performer on Quality Measures" by The Joint Commission four years in a row. Campus includes the all private-room acute care hospital, the area's only CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, a mental health facility, and a cancer center.
Highlights of our current model include:
- Anesthesia Care Team comprised of 9 physicians and 30 CRNAs
- 12 main ORs, 2 Cath Labs, 2 Endoscopy Suites, 2 OB Suites and a minor procedures room
- All types of anesthesia: Cardiac, Thoracic, General, Ortho/Spine, PB/GYN, Urology, Podiatry, ENT, Pediatrics, Cath Lab, Endoscopy (Physicians medically direct 95% of the time)
- Stable practice with collegial atmosphere and competitive compensation
About the Community
Pensacola is located on the westernmost part of the Florida panhandle, surrounded by 50-plus miles of coastline including the Gulf of Mexico and crystal-clear bay areas. It is described as Florida's Emerald Coast for its emerald-turquoise water, but this part of Florida's upper Gulf shoreline could be called the "Sugar Coast" for its soft, sugar-white sands. Pensacola is home to the US Navy Blue Angels and was recently ranked #53 in the 'Top 125 Best Cities to Live in the U.S.' by U.S. News & World Report. Renowned as one of Florida's first establishments, history and culture are a big part of this dynamic city. Celebrations of the arts, music, seasonal festivals, cuisine, and nightlife give Pensacola's residents a unique and diverse lifestyle filled with one-of-a-kind experiences for all ages.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website