EnviroServe is currently looking for a Mechanic to manage our equipment at the Evansville, IL Location
Advantages to Joining our team:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Paid time off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety.
The Mechanic's primary responsibility is to understand, implement and continually follow the EnviroServe Maintenance program for all mobile equipment for our Heartland Sound Region. The ultimate goal is to maintain all equipment and systems in such a fashion that everything is always operating at peak efficiency in the safest manner possible.
- Safely perform routine services
- Order and maintain inventories
- Diagnose problems
- Maintain appropriate record keeping including a computerized system
- Coordinate and schedule services including:
- Change / adjust brakes
- Change / mount tires
- Grease the CMVs
- Replace / repair lights
- Check / fill gear boxes
- Change oil and filters
- Check / change wheel bearings
- Change springs
- Understand / repair air brake system
- Understand / repair steering components
- Understand / repair electrical systems
- Steam-clean equipment
- General clean-up duties
- Develop a system for determining equipment needs reducing progressive maintenance
- Read and understand oil sample results to troubleshoot problems
- Perform maintenance duties in the shop, yard, field and roadside on service calls
- Maintain the fleet to meet Savage and DOT standards
- Create a maintenance strategy that is consistent with customer needs and that will maximize availability of equipment
- Perform minor cleaning to the equipment and facilities keeping them in a safe condition
- Perform maintenance at the most economical, cost-effective manner, while taking into account operating life, safety and replacement considerations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Operations Manager
- Must be able to work alone and self-motivated
- Must be familiar with computers and have an understanding of maintenance systems, truck, engine and transmission diagnostics software
- Must be familiar with record-keeping as it pertains to maintenance of DOT regulations
- Must be able to Travel
- Must have a sufficient amount of personal tools to effectively maintain equipment
- Must be proficient at welding steel, cutting using torch and plasma
- Need to understand the importance of scheduling equipment for servicing
- Must have experience working on equipment that operate in harsh environments
- Must understand and have experience working with air brakes and hydraulics
- Must understand Hydraulic systems
- Must have a good working knowledge of diesel engine systems and all aspects of diagnosing, repair and maintenance of the systems
- Must understand their own limitations and know when to ask for help
- Ability to change a flat tire
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to climb into and out of cab
- Ability to lift 50lbs. or more daily
- Ability to drive in winter conditions
- Ability to be on work sites where products are produced
- Must be able to climb, crawl, carry and position body in such a way that will enable you to perform your required duties
Qualified candidates must be able to pass an extensive background check, MVR, Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical. Full time position with a competitive benefits package.
Drug Free Work Place
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
EnviroServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website