Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.The Pipeline Technician Trainee is an opportunity for an individual to obtain the training and experience necessary to become a qualified Pipeline Technician on the Enterprise crude pipeline system. This position will provide a readily available and qualified individual to accommodate future manpower needs throughout the system. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be assigned to a location within the Company to undergo orientation and training for a period that is normally 9-24 months in preparation for a future Pipeline Technician position.
- Participate in various training courses.
- Receive on-the-job training; working alongside various plant and/or pipeline personnel.
- The training will include safety procedures, regulatory requirements, handling of hazardous materials, equipment repair/maintenance, AC and DC electrical systems, instrumentation, electronic/pneumatic controls, calibration of various electronic and mechanical devices, liquid measurement, locating pipeline, oversee excavations and line crossings, and various other systems that are related to the crude oil pipeline industry.
- Develop and/or complete reports related to the above listed activities.
- Upon successful completion of adequate training, must be willing to relocate within a multi-state or designated regional area to fill a Pipeline Technician position, when an opening occurs.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Vocational-technical certificate or an Associate's degree in electronics or related field is required.
- Covid vaccine required
- Must have experience in basic computer use including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Previous experience with, and knowledge of, preventive and corrective maintenance of various types of equipment is required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must successfully complete all pre-employment screening requirements; including, but not limited to criminal and employment background checks, DOT drug screen, basic math and / or mechanical aptitude assessments, and interview process.
- Great team player who interacts effectively with co-workers, customers and the public, whether in a group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Good communication abilities (verbal and written) and desire to represent the Company effectively will result in excellent service to customers and the community.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn, and to continuously develop and improve skills through both formalized and on-the-job training.
- Must be willing to comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., and apply up to 100 lbs. of torque.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential functions of this position in an outdoor environment under variables such as inclement weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation), variable heights, and unstable terrain.
- Must be able to quickly learn and become proficient with new skills, technologies, procedures and processes.
- Must be able to work independently as well as maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to work overtime and respond to call outs within a 45-minute response time to Cushing, OK is required.
- Following procedures and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner is core to this and all positions in the Technician Trainee Program.
Apply on company website