The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates over 400,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 130 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths.
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are leasing, financial and employee needs related. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, AWS, Microsoft SQL Server/.NET, PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle BI and Salesforce. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because of enhancements needed to many of our applications to support our business expansion efforts.
EFM IT has an exciting opportunity for a Manager overseeing the application development ofJava technologies. The Manager will manage the day to day activities of Java project teams and their periodic releases.
- Managing the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis, including technical support for individual tasks
- Determining time and resources needed to complete assignments and leading team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects
- People management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- Developing and maintaining procedures that support team activities and leading individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures/standards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Minimum threeyears of experience withmanaging a professional staff in application development, service fulfillmentor a support organization
- Three years of experience managing projects in a large scale computing and/or networking environment
- Use of Agile methodology and Microsoft Project / Office
- Technical knowledge of Java, Oracle DB and Web services development
- Basic knowledge of or coursework in Accounting and Finance
- Prior management experience in interfacing with accounting systems
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Holds self-accountable for rules and responsibilities; ensures own projects are completed in a timely manner and to acceptable standards.
- Building Effective Teams
- Creates strong morale and spirit in teams through open dialogue and action. Blends people into teams as needed to capitalize on collective group knowledge and experience to achieve organizational results. Quickly and effectively manages conflict through open, authentic and timely dialogue to get the best from people.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, and group identity; fosters team commitment and seeks input from team members to achieve goals; works effectively with co-workers. Manages and resolves conflicts, grievances, confrontations, or disagreements in a constructive and timely manner to minimize negative impact.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, and directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner. Effectively prepares and presents information to individuals or groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to problems; uses technical and professional expertise to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable.
- Critical/Conceptual Thinking
- Makes sound and well-informed decisions by considering a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives. Finds effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Customer Focused
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
- Developing Others
- Delegates responsibility, works with others, and coaches them to develop their capabilities.
- Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; handles setbacks while maintaining focus and effectiveness.
- Functional Expertise
- Possesses necessary knowledge and skill in role area.
- Gains others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions. Serves as a positive agent for changes in the organization's structural alignment, climate, and operational processes.
- Problem Solving
- Finds effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective. Uses technical and professional expertise to recognize and define problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to solve problems; approaches problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Project Management
- Effectively manages projects through planning, scheduling, budgeting, estimating, work structuring, cost accumulation, performance measurability, and reporting.
- Relationship Management
- Relationship Management: Establishes, builds, and maintains healthy working relationships including peers, management, customers, and vendors.
- Results Oriented
- Demonstrates a willingness to seek out work; exhibits drive or passion for proactively dealing with issues and taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required. Uses technical and professional expertise to complete thorough and accurate work; conscientious about attending to detail; produces an acceptable amount of work while effectively managing time.
Apply on company website