Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Nationaland Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Fulltime ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and truck service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, andvehicle reconditioning service according tocompany policy and procedures.This positionrequires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Pay is $17-$21 per hour based on number of ASE certifications held
This position will report to our maintenance facility located at:
16006 Chamberlain Parkway
Ft. Myers, FL 33913
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. and two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required, OR a minimum ofthree years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- 4+ current and valid ASE certifications required
Must have a current and valid driver's licensewith no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, andno drug or alcohol relatedconvictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Requires ownership ofstandard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- A minimumof basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speakEnglish
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty proceduresis a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work the following schedule:
- Sunday 9am-5pm
- Monday-Thursday 1pm-9pm
- Friday/Saturday OFF
Apply on company website