The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates over 400,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 140 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are financial and employee needs related. The different applications supported by this team include PeopleSoft Financials as well as proprietary applications. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, Microsoft/SQL Server/.NET, Oracle BI and AWS. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because many of our applications are needed to support our expansion efforts.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
This position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting solutions running on IBM AIX, Power hardware and WebLogic and Tomcat middleware. The Engineer 2 position evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests, provides issue and problem resolution, performs disaster recovery exercises and ensures a secure and patched environment. Administration and support of backup, systems management, storage and middlewareproducts running on UNIX will also be the responsibility of this position. The Engineer 2 may provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Proven knowledge of IBM AIX 7.1 along with Power 8 and 9 hardware
- Experience with PowerVM technologies, especially logical partitions (LPARs), Virtual I/O Servers (VIOS), and hardware management consoles (HMCs)
- Experience with system performance monitoring and tuning utilities
- Experience working with SAN and network-attached storage (EMC), and common open-source software such as Apache HTTP Server
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software products
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic and Tomcat is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with the following applications/systems is a plus:
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) andTivoli Enterprise Console (TEC)
- EMC Storage
- Administration and support of other platforms
- Drives open communication in team; strong ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences and across levels in the organization; able to leverage multiple modes of communication; exhibits cultural sensitivity in communication
Collaborative & Team Focused
- Actively seeks out and values input from team members and key stakeholders; highly effective and agile in operating as a member of multiple teams; actively shares valuable information within and outside of team; builds relationships and collaborates with ones team, as well as teams across the organization; participates in teambuilding activities; takes time to understand and partner with other IT teams; champions a team mentality and creates an environment that fosters collaboration and idea sharing within and outside of ones team
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
Models EHI Culture
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards EHI and team members; operates with trust and transparency; exhibits a strong degree of flexibility; adapts easily and quickly to change; flexible and agile in work and problem solving approach; adapts work methods and behaviors to changing conditions, new technology and business trends; possesses an appreciation for others strengths, adapting to and leveraging what others uniquely bring
Owns the Outcome
- Takes ownership of responsibilities - leveraging both internal and external service-oriented business partners - and holds self and others to high standards; successfully delivers in the face of ambiguity; goes above and beyond to improve and exceed expectations; exhibits a strong work ethic, as well as ownership of individual and team results; recognizes and drives solution opportunities and improvements
- Stays current on technology trends and how they impact ones function; drives solutions by proposing, initiating, or explaining technical ideas to solve major problems; stays up-to-date on latest technology trends
Thrives in Change
- Embraces, adapts, and proactively responds to change; manages risk and uncertainty; takes conceptual ideas and turns them into reality; proponent of change; with an appreciation and respect for the past, pushes past norms and involves champions who will adopt new approaches and technology; avoids a reactive approach by constantly looking for and implementing new opportunities; remains flexible to meet changing and sometimes opposing demands; approaches change in a thoughtful and logical manner
Thinks & Acts Innovatively
- Uses technical and professional knowledge to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable; pushes past the status quo and questions common practices in order to identify better ways of doing things; recommends and implements improvements and provides others with freedom to explore and be inventive; encourages others to frequently take a fresh look at existing policies, practices, and programs
- Influences to achieve small wins within own team or department that support an overall vision as set forth by leadership; understands and explains benefits of initiatives; proactively networks within and outside the organization; leverages multiple communication channels; remains open and engages thoughts of others; able to lead discussions and sell ideas
Apply on company website