Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers expectations.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administration, you will play a significant role in the implementation and maintenance of Oracle production databases. In addition, you will monitor daily database activities and overall performance, growth and tuning configurations as well as the security of the databases. You will assist with process improvements and change activities. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
Assume ownership for the Oracle database environment and quarterly patching processes
Provide database platform support for ORACLE versions 12c and newer to application teams.
Implement and support tasks such as patching coordination, backup and recovery procedures, database utilities, and data replication technologies for both PROD and NON-PROD environments
Create and maintain UNIX and SQL scripts to automate tasks such as monitoring and generating reports
Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools
Responsible for all corrections to the database infrastructure and for repairs to the system or database
Protecting our customers and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions
Work with application owners and DBAs to ensure database compliance standards are maintained
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3 years of experience in an Oracle DBA position, or related experience
- 1 year of Oracle database platform experience
- Proficient Oracle DBA knowledge including upgrades, patching, RMAN backup/recovery
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) version 10g or higher
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Service Management best practices (Incident, Problem, and Change Management)
- Experience protecting Confidential and Highly-Confidential database content
- Must be willing to work on an on-call rotation
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 1+ years of hands on experience with Oracle 12C or newer on AIX is preferred
- Experience with one of more of the following databases: MSSQL Server, and/or Open database platforms such MariaDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL is preferred
- Experience with multiple facets of Data Guard including physical and Active DG is preferred
- Knowledge of database encryption is preferred
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, Bash shell, KSH and Java Script is preferred
- Familiarity with cloud solutions like Amazon and Azure is preferred
- Project management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of PCI or other IT Security compliance standard is preferred
- Knowledge of Data Governance best practices is preferred
Apply on company website