The System Administrator assumes primary responsibility for all Information Systems as well as all interfaces to and from these systems.
Department: Information Technology
Location: Englewood, NJ
Shift: 8 hour
Systems Planning and Selection
- Assists the appropriate departments with the planning and selection of any and all systems.
- Assists departments in the evaluation of all information systems required for feasibility, cost, and benefits and process them through appropriate committee and management channels to secure approval and priority if warranted.
- Assists in reviewing/researching vendor systems including site visits and client reference checks.
- Coordinates vendor demos and presentations to the end user community.
- Identifies staffing requirements for new systems.
- Collaborates with members of the Medical Center to review and analyze software applications and creates any necessary system design changes if required.
- Assists in decision making by providing technical information, vendor assessment (risk analyses) and financial analyses.
- Develops and maintains a detailed work plan for the installation of any and all hardware/software.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Participate on 24x7 on-call rotating schedule
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of system administration experience
- IT certifications in VMare, Cloud, Linux, Microsoft, or other system related fields are a plus
- Hands on knowledge of virtualization, SAN administration, Citrix, and other Enterprise systems
Apply on company website