Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, is responsible for the efficient management and operation of the Pharmacy Department. Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Pharmacy Department. Manage staff for optimum performance.
Location: 350 Engle Street
Shift: Evenings, Monday through Friday
Job Essentials: The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements and competencies.
- Proven supervisory ability required with ability to evaluate performance of assigned personnel and provide effective feddback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to make proper decisions under stress, show sound professional judgment.
- Knowledge of state laws and federal regulations pertinent to pharmacy.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in prioritization, problem solving, team buliding, collaboration, conflict resolution, decision making, time management, and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems and pharmacy automation and technology.
- Ability to analyze data and use data to make appropriate decisions.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD required. Residency training or masters degree preferred.
- Current New Jersey pharmacist licensure required.
- Three (3) years of hospital Pharmacy experience required or PGY1 plus one year of hospital Pharmacy experience required. Two (2) years of pharmacy supervisory or management experience preferred.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey, New York and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. Englewood Hospital holds the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade ‘A' and is nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fourth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2016. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health. The hospital offers an internal medicine residency program affiliated with Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University, as well as a vascular surgery fellowship, pharmacy residency program, podiatry residency program, and a radiography training program. Englewood also serves as a training site for surgery, pathology, emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine, and other medical and surgical subspecialties. Englewood Health is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of more than 500 office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100 locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the center. For additional information, visit www.englewoodhealth.org.
Apply on company website