Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
The Maintenance Technician Team Leader oversees, coordinates and participates in the daily activities of the Maintenance Department under the direction of the Facilities Manager. The Maintenance Technician Team Leader ensures the safe and effective operations of all buildings, grounds, housekeeping and utilities for all assigned properties of Empath Health.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Maintenance Technician Team Leader with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Maintenance experience, preferably 3-5 years in a health care setting.
• 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Requires a valid driver's license and, a safe driving record and a reliable, insured vehicle.
• Must demonstrate skills/abilities in the following areas:
Ability to read and interpret construction documents
Ability to write effective summaries and reports as required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
Basic working knowledge of the trades including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and building construction methods
Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to bend, stoop, crawl and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Must reside in close proximity to primary Empath Health work location
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website