At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson's five decades of power and water expertise embedded within the Ovation™ distributed control system (DCS) forms a reliable and innovative platform that evolves with rapidly changing technology to help improve plant reliability. In addition to native, advanced applications for optimizing plant operations. Ovation supports integrated vibration monitoring, generator excitation control, SIS, scalable footprints for small or distributed applications, virtualization and embedded simulation.
By joining us as a Senior Turbine Specialist, we will be expecting you to perform engineering of projects to budget, scope and schedule by leading execution teams throughout project lifecycle, primarily for power industry, covering current product DCS implementations and migrations and providing turbine control solutions for retrofits and new builds.
If you are always willing to take action and you have a can-do attitude and strong problem solving skills, then we are inviting you to join our team in Genoa, Italy!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Support Sales team during proposal phase by helping define project scope, timeframe and estimating costs;
- Work closely with the Development team on new projects related to new turbine control systems (TCS) or retrofitting old systems to Ovation platform;
- Plan and manage the technical scope of project to meet budget and contractual requirements Independently schedule, manage and direct project execution team of Emerson resources and contractors (up to 25 people), in home country or abroad following standard or tight delivery schedule;
- Prepare, update, validate and maintain project technical and contractual documentation;
- Monitor project progress to identify risks and issues in advance by investigates and resolving customer complaints and claims;
- Collaborate with Marketing department in the preparation of dedicated workshops or events/seminars;
- Ensure Service assistance during and after warranty period.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Technical Degree in Automation, Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or Electronics;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with automation systems and rotating machines within Power industry and at least 3 years of experience in project coordination;
- Extensive knowledge of turbine control system, process and mechanics. Some examples of platforms are: Teleperm XP, infi90, T3000, etc.;
- Familiarity with PLC programming;
- Fluency in Italian and English;
- To relocate to Genoa,Italy and be willing to travel at least 25% of working time.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are self-motivated, collaborative and customer focused individual, passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Senior Turbine Specialist, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website