At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Job Description
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales growth of White-Rodgers residential HVACR portfolio through White-Rodgers distributors and contractors. White-Rodgers has been a leading provider of heating and cooling solutions for residential applications, serving HVACR wholesale distribution for more than 75 years. In this role you will develop long-term, value-add relationships with customers, developing sales, marketing and training plans to help your customers grow their business. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to join White-Rodgers, a business of Emerson, where you can excel in a fast-paced, performance-based, team atmosphere, delivering White-Rodgers value into the HVACR wholesale distribution channel.
This position is located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. It is home based and will require daily travel within the territory, averaging 6 overnight trips per month. Relocation is not offered.
Territory Sales Manager – Wholesale Distribution
- Develop & achieve annual sales plan with territory accounts across thermostats, heating & cooling controls
- Develop, build and nurture wholesaler and contractor business relationships, resulting in a mutual and beneficial partnering position
- Demand creation - Develop pull-through sales process with territory contractors, delivering product & application knowledge and implementing Contractor Rewards Program
- Identify and implement account-specific, training opportunities that enable “teaching for differentiation” centered around White-Rodgers product portfolio
- Identify how, to whom, and when to provide merchandising, sales program, stocking programs and product training – wholesaler and contractor customers – resulting in offering valuable perspectives on the market & territory
- Develop sales, marketing and training plans at identified branch locations - open houses, lunch & learn sessions, trade show events, distributor ride-alongs; Develop shared performance metrics for identified branch locations.
- Provide feedback to product & marketing teams for product enhancements driving portfolio growth
- BA/BS degree – prefer Business Administration, Marketing, Management & Leadership, Professional Sales
- 3+ years of proven sales experience (face-to-face/personal selling) working with existing and new customers. (Consideration provided to candidates with a strong marketing background in lieu of sales experience.)
- 2+ years of sales experience supporting 2-step HVACR wholesale distribution, MRO, Plumbing channels, other technical sales/market experience
- Verbal communication skills (in-person, conference calls, presentations) and business writing proficiency (transactional – emails; informational - call reports, meeting minutes; persuasive - customer proposals)
- Computer literacy and proficient in software skills (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently, while being coachable in a remote virtual environment, utilizing technology to remain in touch
- Ability for daily travel within Territory, averaging 6 overnight trips per month
- Demonstrated performance in the 7 Territory Sales Manager Competencies
- Coachable – Learning agility from all aspects of the wholesale organization
- Ability to engage the sales process across all levels of the customer's organization
- High organization and planning skills including project management with customers
- Gains trust by quickly resolving customer problems & issues
- Passionate about delivering White-Rodgers portfolio value to Distributors & Contractors
- Collaborates & networks with the wholesale team and customers remotely
- Comprehension of smart home technology – product delivery & install across channels to homeowner
Territory Sales Manager Competencies
- Promotes & sells White-Rodgers products, bridging from contractors to distributors
- Attains sales objectives through planning & organizing
- Manages & optimizes territory & key account coverage
- Builds, actively manages distributor relationships
- Helps contractors' business grow & prosper
- Trains & educates on White-Rodgers products/solutions
- Provides industry insight & product knowledge expertise
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website