At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are an experienced Technician, QA/QC & Industrial Engineering looking for a great opportunity to grow, Emerson/Appleton Group Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a Technician, QA/QC & Industrial Engineering to join our team. It is a full-time permanent hourly role. The standard hours of operation for this position are Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We offer benefits after 3 months of employment and DCPP after 6 months of employment. We have an on-site gym and free coffee.
Based in our Elmira (Ontario) location, you will be responsible for daily tasks of Manufacturing Engineering Department like Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, Industrial & Manufacturing Practices and Continuous Improvement. You will support sampling, incoming inspection, quality assurance/control, testing, standard work instructions, manufacturing and industrial processes, initial assessment of new product development.
AS A TECHNICIAN, QA/QC & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, YOU WILL:
- Perform all duties related to incoming in-process and final inspections, first-off, engineering new sample approval checks, blueprints analysis, product and process specifications, non-conforming product (defective returns, RMA, nonconforming material tags, communication with suppliers), internal audits, Critical-to Quality (CTQ), engineering drawings, testing criteria, products deviations, work instructions, while maintain documents, records, internal reports, document control and reports to safeguarding the quality of all products across manufacturing operations.
- Set up and calibrate testing equipment and maintain calibrations of all gauges and testing equipment.
- Support engineering processes development, PFMEA and Control Plans, manufacturing procedures development, standardized work procedures, work instruction, cycle times, data collection and analysis, estimates, schedules, test results, routing, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), corrective and preventive action (CAR/8D), risk assessment, continuous improvement, and preparing associated reports.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Self-directed with excellent abilities to work in a fast-paced, multitask, and deadline driven environment, time management, good troubleshooting & organizational skills and ability to multi-tasks.
- Have a sense of urgency in executing tasks combined with excellent analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills, energetic, detail oriented and able to complete work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate high interpersonal and facilitation skills in a team environment with ability to work effectively across functional lines in a matrixed environment.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication with good presentation skills with the ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision and guidance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Technical diploma or degree in the field of Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, blueprints, bills of materials, and GD&T combined with quality assurance and control experience
- Demonstrated Electrical/Automation manufacturing experience
- Hands on experience with measuring tools and testing equipment
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Solid experience with quality management processes, production design engineering, and suppliers to provide components and assemblies that meet or exceed specified QMS requirements
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office 365 suite, AutoCAD, SharePoint, Oracle (ERP), Microsoft Excel, Vlookup, Pivot Tables, and spreadsheet
- Preferred designations: CQE, CQM, ASQC accreditation, IS09001 training, 6 Sigma, SPC, process control methodologies
- In depth knowledge of component design, fabrication methods, manufacturing, assembly and ISO9001
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: extended health & dental benefits, Heath Care Spending Account, life insurance coverage, registered pension plan/registered retirement savings plans. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection, and employment.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or Accessibility.Canada@Emerson.com to make appropriate arrangements.
Apply on company website