At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you're continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about new technologies, if you have a can-do attitude and enjoy working with project design, implementation and factory acceptance tests then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us as a System Engineer you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities.
You will also be part of a growing and leading global supplier of products, services and solutions for process-related operations and will work with high level technical solutions and remote teams.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Porsgrunn, Norway!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Offer support to one or more Senior Engineers in the delivery of project related engineering deliverables by understanding, managing and achieving each customer's expectations;
• Take ownership of the engineering activities on all allocated tasks and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard;
• Provide Senior Engineers with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks;
• Ensure that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:• Engineering degree or equivalent in Process Automation, Process, Computer Programming, Computer Networks or Electrical Engineering;
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience working in system design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of projects (process automation, systems and instrumentation);
• Experience with distributed controlled systems and/or software programming is beneficial;
• Fluent Norwegian and English;
• Willingness to work at customer site and abroad for a limited period of time.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a System Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
GET TO KNOW US:
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website