At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
· Understand existing control systems for Steam turbines power plants and develop, implement and test new control system software.
· Responsible for designing and developing new control systems
· Engage in implementation and testing phases of steam turbine controls projects.
· Provide support during design review/ Pre-FAT / FAT/
· After sales support for corrective and preventive actions
· Support training of customers with course materials and classroom teaching
· Collection of inputs, concept finalization, Preparation of I/O list – Database
· Lead projects independently
· Participate in internal Kick of Meeting (KOM) of projects
· Coordination with third party vendors for design/implementation of control and graphics
· Track budget, progress & quality of the projects and ensure periodic reporting to front offices
· 1st Class Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year College or university
· 4-7 years of experience in Steam turbine control systems, commissioning & troubleshooting.
· Demonstrable expertise and experience with Steam turbine control (Speed and Load), rotor stress and automatic turbine startup and sequencing, and protection philosophies.
· Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making, and planning skills.
· Excellent language and communication skills, both verbal and written required. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and technical documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
· Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or turbine controls vendor (e.g. GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba, etc.).
· Steam Turbine Generation process knowledge (e.g. Speed and Load control, Fuel Governor, Sequencing and Auxiliaries, BOP, HRSG, Combined Cycle, Cogeneration, AGC, Isochronous and Droop controls, etc.).
· Proficiency with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics.
· Experience with designing and implementing control system configuration changes.
· Proficiency with configuring database, logic and HMIs of one or more DCS platforms (e.g. Emerson Ovation, ABB/Bailey INFI 90, Siemens T3000, GE Mark V/ VI, Mitsubishi DIASYS Netmation, Invensys, Woodward Micronet etc.).
· Ability and willingness to travel as may be required
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Knowledge of Mark V/VI/VIe / MarkVIeS
· Knowledge of thermal stress, rotor dynamics, fatigue and creep calculation
· Knowledge of a wide variety of processes:
o Fluid Dynamics
Apply on company website