At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Emerson is seeking a Sr. Release & Deployment Operations Analyst with experience in managing, planning, scheduling, automating and controlling software deployments through different stages to test and live environments. Ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released. The Sr. Release & Deployment Operations Analyst is a senior role and an integral component of Emerson Enterprise IT's Web Delivery team. The Sr. Release & Deployment Operations Analyst must have product knowledge on installs, configurations, and the maintenance of content management and e-commerce sites. This operations professional has an in-depth understanding of how the product components interact and the capabilities of the components, best practices in release and deployment automation, as well as the configurations and architecture of development, staging and production environments.
The Sr. Release & Deployment Operations Analyst is responsible for working directly with the operations and development teams to ensure that all releases and deployments meet the criteria established by the Web Delivery team's Release Manager, Development Manager, and Operations Manager. This includes the design and implementation of deployment automation and ensuring the configuration and deployment of applications is consistent across all environments.
This position will interface with other Emerson Corporate teams, i.e. Linux Administration, Enterprise Architecture, and Security, and others as required to maintain the environments. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and will have experience in working in a matrixed team environment. You will provide release, deployment, and operations mentoring and coaching to other Emerson Corporate Enterprise IT resources. The primary objective of the Sr. Release & Deployment Operations Analyst role is to ensure that all environments are maintained and available according to established Service Level Agreements with no business disruption. The primary location for this job will be in St. Louis, Missouri.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and maintaining environment integration capabilities to support agile development and operations, including environment builds, application deployments, and testing
- Working knowledge of Change and Release Management methods, tools, terminology and industry best practices
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery and support process improvement initiatives
- Ensure operations and deployment documentation, including deployment release notes, server build instructions, etc. are prepared, accurate, and compliant with best-practice standards
- Working knowledge of source code branching strategies and the process for creating deployment packages from code repositories
- Must be able to create and execute complex SQL statements
- Practical experience of software deployment, versioning, and release management processes
- Assists development and operations staff in the creation of scripts for automating deployments, operations monitoring and alerting
PROFESSIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational and task management skills, including the ability to execute and prioritize tasks simultaneously
- Mentor junior level members of the team
- Strong experience working in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation and facilitation skills (oral and written)
- Innovative, flexible, and adaptable
- Results-oriented, detailed and analytical with the ability to lead others
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, conflict and negotiation skills
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar discipline
- Master's degree is a plus
- 5 – 8 years of experience in technology, business, project management or leadership
- Fluent in English
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website