At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Specialist 1, Accounts Payable is responsible for posting intercompany invoices for all sites in scope of Intercompany Center of Excellence team in compliance with appropriate internal controls, related Sarbanes Oxley policy and Emerson Company Policies and Procedures. This includes validation, identification and completeness of required information such as invoice details, approvals, cost centers/coding, tax codes, etc. based on standard processes and site specific statutory requirements. He/She is required to perform less complex reports & reconciliation, including issue resolution based on solutions provided by Resolvers and Site Owners.
Duty 1: Invoice Processing
• Validate approval, completeness and correctness of invoice details
• Identify required invoice details for countries with specific statutory requirements.
• Process intercompany invoices in the system either by using cost center provided or by matching invoices with appropriate purchase orders receipts.
- Performs data validation/ verification to achieve SOP on data consistency
- Validates and checks purchase order requirements for correctness and applicability (2-way, 3-way, 4-way match)
• Enters scanned link in the Oracle and updates invoice details in database (Europe and MEA)
• Uploads paper invoices in database received via electronic mail
• Follow non-standard corrective actions (investigate and correct specific line item, apply approved credit note or debit note, etc.) based on the resolution provided by resolvers and site owners on issues escalated/resolution of aged items.
• Perform Automatic Invoice Matching (AIM) Process (APAC)
- Analyzes gathered information & data using descriptive analytics (basic mathematics & comparative analysis)
- Download exception reports for AIMS Success Rate Report and Manual Interface Issue.
Duty 2: Issue/Exception Items Resolution
• Investigates and log exception items for resolution
• Communicates issues/concerns regarding disputes encountered by providing and compiling all pertinent details in database (Dataserv,,Sharepoint, Control Sheet, etc...)
• Matches off aged unvouchered purchase orders as instructed by the resolvers, site owners, or site counterparts
Duty 3: Report and Reconciliation
Accounts Payable Reports
• Prepares Exception Items reports (Logged/Debit Balances/AP Supervisor Items)/GRNI or Unvouched reports/AP Open Items that relates to Intercompany and send to counterparts
• Analyze sources of discrepancies and resolves Quick Invoices rejected invoices
• Troubleshoot and fix minor problems related to hold issues with the system. Such as minor issues, typo errors, simple coding errors, etc
• Prepares status reports of unprocessed invoices after processing cut-off
• Records and submits periodic and/or quarterly transaction records, log sheets and/or trackers.
AP to GL Reconciliation
• Download data from system tool
• Clears the dashboard, analyzes and resolves differences between subledger and ledger
Goods in Transit Preparation/Intercompany Reporting
• Prepares Goods in Transit journal entries
• Reconciles intercompany SOA vs ledger. Analyze balances and calculate inventoriable and non-inventoriable items and recommend appropriate entries to post
• Resolves intercompany imbalances, prepare and propose journal adjustments to fix
• Sends balance confirmation to intercompany vendors
Intercompany Statement Reconciliation
• Reconciles statement balances vs ledger, requests copies of missing invoices, provides invoice status and settles reconciling items with Accounts Receivable team
Accounts Payable Revaluation (JDE sites)
• Identify discrepancies on revaluation and propose adjustments.
• Reviews and analyzes requirements and approvals needed. Provides recommendations
The job requires extended working hours and accountability for an accurate and timely submission of deliverables which may fall on weekends or Philippine holidays.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related degree
Job Related Experience:
At least 1.5 years related experience in general accounting particularly in Intercompany Accounts Payable.
•Practical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP and any other accounting software)
• Proficient in MS Office Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint preferably with Sharepoint and outlook background)
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Financial Accounting Standard Board regulation
•Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Detail oriented
• Analytical Skills
• Organizing skills
• Time/work management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
• Team Player
Apply on company website