At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The DeltaV system consists of a variety of rich desktop and web applications including some that employ graphical configuration techniques in addition to diagnostic and operator HMI applications. Successful applicants would be expected to enhance and maintain existing products as well as develop the next generation of applications.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Work with other members of the Agile Scrum Team and the Scrum Master to plan and deliver committed work for each Sprint
- Plan and deliver the product features committed into each SAFe Program Increment in combination with other Scrum Teams
- Work with the Product Owner and the Human Centered Design team to develop a user experience that meets the acceptance criteria of the User Stories and delights our customers
- Develop and document software designs using Object-Oriented techniques
- Implement and debug functionality using various tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio
- Manage source code using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Unit test and where possible automate new and existing test scripts
- Review source code
- Design and execute test cases from a customer perspective
- Create and enhance test configurations
- Discover, isolate and document product defects
- Improve product quality by repairing defects
- Validate repaired defects/faults
- Work with other Scrum Teams to integrate features and test them
You stay on top of new technologies. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You engage in collaborative planning. You take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field and 6+ years of relevant experience or a master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field and 5+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development and a good understanding of object-oriented design and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with disciplined development practices
- Experience with Microsoft development tools and an understanding of the Windows operating system is required
- Demonstrated versatility and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with .NET core development, ASP.NET (core) web development, Typescript, and associated web frameworks, preferably React
- Ability to travel occasionally including internationally
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum Team
- Experience working with a large development organization using SAFe
- Experience architecting and designing full stack Windows or web-based software applications
- Knowledge and experience in the process control industry
- Knowledge and experience in software testing
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website