At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Description:We are looking to expand our passionate and outstanding team with a motivated, impressive engineer to help deliver exciting new features for our existing Control and Edge product lines. Duties will include but are not limited to: design and development of new software, software qualification and validation, applying cybersecurity best practices, delivery of well written technical communications, and continuous integration and delivery. You will be working closely with key stakeholders to develop new features.
- Gather requirements by working closely with our Product Management Team and customers.
- Use strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns to design software that promotes efficiency, testability and maintainability.
- Work within an agile process to build software that meets the gathered requirements.
- This includes authoring user stories and tasks and effectively communicating with the scrum team.
- Utilize continuous integration to automate builds, testing, and revision control.
- Lead continuous improvements to the development process to aid productivity and increase quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED and a minimum 4 years of experience in an IT or engineering position)
- Ability to program using C#, C++, and/or Java using Visual Studio
- Experience in large code bases
- Excellent debugging and refactoring skills
- Experience with .NET and WPF
- Ability to create UI Designs that create an awesome user experience
- Ability to create API Design Specifications
- Domain Driven Design Knowledge of software architectural principles
- Database development experience
- Knowledge of .NET Core
- Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience or Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of Industrial network and serial communication protocols (OPC UA, Modbus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs
- Automated Unit Testing
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website