At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Are you ready to join a dynamic team responsible for developing high value industrial automation products? We are looking for an exceptional leader to join the Software Development Team of the world leading Emerson Automation Solutions Performance Services business.
In this exciting opportunity you will become a member of an R&D team responsible for the development of Mimic Simulation Software. Mimic Simulation Software is the state of the art, dynamic simulation software which provides accurate and real-time simulation of plant behaviors. It consists of a variety of rich desktop and web applications used to assist engineering and operating a process control system. Successful applicants would be expected to enhance and maintain existing products as well as develop the next generation Mimic Simulation Software. This candidate's focus will primarily be applications development in a Microsoft Windows environment, using C# and C++, with the opportunity to learn about and work on other parts of the system like the embedded real-time environment.
The Software Developer will report to VP of Technology, Process SimulationResponsibilities
- Collaborate with the product owner and with other developers to integrate new Process Simulation functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to provide reasonable estimates of software development time and provide status to the team
- Lead the research of complex software design activities across multiple software modules/sub-systems with focus on target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology
- Generate user stories and software designs in accordance with marketing, architecture and human centered design requirements and specifications
- Use Software Development Teams coding standards to build high-quality software that meets design criteria and/or end user's requirements
- Participate in Code Reviews, i.e., review peers' design and code to provide detailed feedback
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits
- Debug and validate software issues with unreleased and released software, including customer issues
- Write automated unit tests and acceptance tests in support of bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
- Document and Share product insights with coworkers, users, and management
- Provide technical support for escalated customer issues in support of Process Simulation operations group
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You stay on top of new development standards.
- You manage uncertainty with confidence.
- You engage in collaborative planning and development.
- You take time to ask questions to define and understand the problem.
- You make learning a priority and a goal.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of tasks assigned to you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field with a very strong background in software development. Candidate must have a minimum of 1+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with Windows application development in C++, C#, SQL
- Proficient code organization (naming structure, functionality, methods, etc.), code readability, defensive coding, and error handling
- Experience with Database concepts, normalization, transactions, and simple query scripts
- Experience with Microsoft development tools and an understanding of the Windows operating system
- Experience in problem/system decomposition and use of object-oriented design techniques
- Experience with software testing, including test driven development and automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a scrum team environment with disciplined development practices
- Ability to travel occasionally including internationally
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Master's Degree with 3-5 years software development experience
- Experience or background in Physics and/or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with UML, TypeScript, and React
- Experience working in embedded development
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle with ability to translate requirements into functional specifications.
- Knowledge and experience working in the process control industry
- Familiarity or experience working with Industrial Ethernet I/O Networks. Understanding communication protocols and simulation software is a plus.
- Experience with COM/DCOM and WCF.
- Experience with usage and understanding of different Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience with Windows Sockets programing and inter-process communications
- Experience in Systems Programming and Build Automation using command line / script
- Experience debugging real time systems is a plus
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don't settle for good enough or “This is the way it's always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Apply on company website