At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Software Developer looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, Texas location, you will be part of the Software Development team for the DeltaV Lifecycle Services responsible for full stack development of features for the interaction with DeltaV Control System and commercial DeltaV lifecycle services. This Software Developer's focus will be on Windows desktop software applications with the opportunity to also work on web and cloud applications development in a Microsoft windows environment.
AS A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, YOU WILL:
- Generate software designs in accordance with Marketing/Program Managers requirements and specifications, code development, unit level, integration and system testing
- Conduct software support and maintenance of released software. All software will be developed using object-oriented and/or services-based methodologies. The software is expected to be high quality, high-performance, secure code capable of running on multiple platforms.
- Investigate new technologies and evaluate them for use in our products while leading the effort of evaluating and selecting technical tools
- Follow the applicable product development processes
- Contribute to overall process improvement
- Be flexible in your approach to work and adapting to changing conditions
- Maintain a continuous commitment to learning and improvement
You stay on top of new desktop, web applications, database, and cloud technologies. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You engage in collaborative planning. You take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related engineering field
- Relevant experience and/or knowledge of DeltaV Control System, Microsoft Windows desktop applications development, web applications development in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Well versed in C-family language (C/C++/C# .NET Core) development and object-oriented design
- Well versed in web applications development technologies like ASP .NET Core, Blazor, Angular, Typescript, HTML5, RESTful Web API, etc.
- Well versed in database technologies: transactional (Microsoft SQL server) and document-based (MongoDB)
- Well versed in building Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines/releases
- Willing to work in a small team environment
- Familiar with or have experience developing software using Agile/scrum methodology
- Demonstrated versatility and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years of relevant experience and/or knowledge of DeltaV Control System, Microsoft Windows desktop applications development, and web applications development in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Architect and design experience with real-time applications
- Experience with web applications development micro-services architecture as well as building messaging systems
- Experience with container technology such as Docker
- Experience with Visual Studio/VS Code and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure PaaS technology
- Understanding of or experience with Process Control or Distributed Control Systems
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website