At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Introducing a great opportunity for a Service Technician Pressure Release Valves to join a Fortune 500 company, Emerson Automation Solutions. With our solutions and services, we serve our global customers in the process industry to meet their expectations and maintain the #1 position in customer satisfaction.
If you are ready to raise the bar to work with top customers in the industry representing the Final Control Valve business unit and you have a ‘Think Customer” and ‘Drive for result' mentality this might be the role for you.
Emerson is a diversified global manufacturing company that brings technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers in the industrial, commercial and consumer markets. Emerson Automation Solutions provides automation technologies and engineering services to help plan, implement and support customer operations. With more than 75.000 colleagues around the world, we help solve the problems our customers face today and build an advantage for tomorrow.
The Service Technician PRV III is responsible for material handling, valve disassembly, inspection, assembly, and pre-testing of a variety of Pressure Relief Devices. These duties may be part of the repair program, or as part of new valve assembly program. The job also requires the person to exhibit a good knowledge of lapping and grinding processes, part cleaning, use of hand tools, pneumatic & electric tools, painting processes, and associated codes and standards. You will be the responsible for testing and for checking, controlling and filling test forms according Emerson/Legal instructions. You will also have the task of leading a group of Service Technicians.
• Perform receipt inspection of various mechanical equipment including component parts being able to verify and match incoming material with customer and Emerson receiving documentation.
• Perform all aspects of repair and testing including but not limited to: inline testing, disassembly, cleaning, in process inspection, assembly, final testing, and final inspection on various types of mechanical equipment with focus on PRV's.
• Lead teams of service technicians as required
• Perform inspections on equipment to determines scope of repair, and report recommendations to supervisor
• Perform equipment installation and removal at customer site – if required
• Perform onsite pre-job surveys to determine scope of work and report findings back to supervisor
• Must be able to read and interpret various drawings, customer specifications and valve assembly and maintenance instructions necessary to satisfy customer requirements.
• Must understand and comply with all Emerson and customer policies and procedures relative to all assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Must have valid driver's license and be willing to drive company vehicles
• Perform other duties as required.
• 3 to 5 years of mechanical experience working on PRV's, with emphasis on trouble shooting and problem solving
• Minimum 5 years of service related experience
• High School Diploma or G.E.D required – experience will be higher valued
• Prior experience leading teams, developing others, and providing feedback on performance
• Sound technical writing and communication skills
• Ability to manage jobs with little direct supervision
• Ability to work under pressure, requiring intense mental application and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to one or more unpleasant (noise, heat, dust, etc.) or hazardous conditions 50-75% of work time.
• Must be customer oriented willing to work overtime and travel as required to meet business needs. Understanding this may involve evening and weekend call in, often times with very little notice.
• Ability to lift and/or carry 23 kg.
• Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from pick up site, and the ability to pass all onsite regulations.
• Main work place : Breda Workshop
• Knowlegde of “Blad TO103” or stoomwezen requirements for the Dutch market
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website