At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are looking for a Service Engineer for our Process Systems & Solutions business unit, to provide in-house and on-site service for DeltaV Systems for new installations and existing systems. You will also be responsible for achieving full customer satisfaction by delivering high class services and support.
If this sound like an interesting opportunity, join our team in Switzerland!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Perform all necessary tasks for installation, upgrades and maintenance of DeltaV-Systems and all integrated Bus systems, intelligent field devices and third-party systems in-house or at customer site
• Install and provide maintenance for backup systems, antivirus management and other cyber security solutions
• Create design documents and test procedures for above listed installations in validated and non-validated environments
• Provide active support to customers on the phone, by email or at customer site
• Handle all customer calls related to products (HW & SW) or services related to Process Systems & Solutions Business Units
• Register and document all customer calls in the SMS database, analyze and manage them actively
• If required, raise problems to specialists in Emerson Support Centers for further investigation and follow-up problems until solution is implemented
• Provide active on-site service and maintenance for products or services produced or delivered by the Business Units Process Systems & Solutions
• Maintain the Installed System Database
• Register and monitor Service contracts; execute services according to contract and schedule
• Work together with Desk Sales team on quotations for spare parts, minor expansions, migrations and upgrades
• Actively support the sales team to sell service contracts and for renewal of service contracts
• Provide information and technical inputs to Field Sales team
• Assure the transfer of technical knowledge within the Service and Engineering department
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree, preferred background is Electrical or Process Automation Engineering
• Knowledge of automation processes in the Life Science environment, Computer Validation, GAMP, MS-Office Applications is preferred
• Work experience: DCS/PLC software engineering or service business
• Knowledge in some areas of: Microsoft server operating system, Active Directory, TCP/IP Networks, SQL-Server, Cyber Security, Virtualization
• Language skills: German - fluent, English - good, French – would be a plus
• Interpersonal skills: Professional attitude, technical orientation, customer focus, team oriented, flexibility, self-motivated and driven
• Valid car driving license
• Willingness to travel abroad for trainings or business trips
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Service engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
We look forward to receiving your application, which you should submit to us exclusively via our career portal.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website