At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Supply Chain & Logistics professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our El Paso, TX location, you will provide both strategic and operational leadership to ensure “best in class” daily operation of the El Paso distribution center. You will drive toward a zero-accident safety culture, facilitates continuous improvement activities, and creates a positive work environment demonstrated through leadership by example. You will oversee a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping, receiving, cross dock, kitting, and management of inventory specifically through a robust cycle counting program. People management responsibilities include hiring, training, manpower planning, balancing daily workload, performance management, and problem solving.
AS A SENIOR WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR, YOU WILL:
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Once on the job, effective “outcomes based” coaching and counseling.
- Be responsible for training, supervision, and scheduling of all shipping/receiving associates.
- Be responsible for the unloading and receiving of all inbound freight.
- Be responsible for order selection, replenishment, and loading of all product.
- Manage and model the safety culture and strive for 100% compliance concerning safety policies and procedure.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve warehouse operations by decreasing turnaround time, streamlining work-processes, and providing customer support.
- Control costs on supplies and labor.
- Ensure proper use of all power equipment.
- Coordinate deliveries and dispatch activities as needed.
- Review all paperwork/processes for accuracy and coordinate timely outbound deliveries/inbound receipts with clerical team, customer service, and transportation as needed.
- Monitor employee performance, attendance and provide correction/training as needed.
- Manage through floor presence, group interaction, and analysis of WMS production data with pre-determined productivity expectations.
- Knowledge and Familiarity with Customs Documentation Requirements.
- Monthly execution of key performance indicators, productivity, on time delivery, monthly sales, cycle counts, safety, etc.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by DC Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
You achieve desired results, even under tough circumstances. You persist in accomplishng objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You Identify opportunities that benefit the customer. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. You provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You actively listen to employees and encourage open expressions of ideas and opinions. You ask the right questions to analyze situations. You uncover root causes to difficult problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / Supply Chain or a related field required.
- 10 + years Warehouse supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experince.
- Excellent communication skills English / Spanish.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, advanced skills with Enterprise Resource Program such as SAP, Oracle, or JDE.
- Experience with receiving/shipping, inventory control functions using a warehouse management.
- Analytical skills to review numbers for developing benchmark, KPI's
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to lead from the front as a hands-on leader, trainer, and employee
- Proven effective leadership and organizational abilities; lead by example in terms of overall performance and conduct. Strong with human relations skills, conflict resolutions.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 policies and practices.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or a variety of shifts.
- Work with all levels of management and line associates.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- JDE experience.
- UPS/FEDEX quick ship.
- Experience facilitating improvement events.
- Experience in an ISO certified location.
- RF scanner experience.
- 1 to 2 years in a high-SKU distribution network
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website