At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Project Management professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in either of our engineering center offices in Round Rock, TX; Royersford, PA; Durham, NC or Irvine, CA, you will lead diverse teams of professionals in the execution of medium and large sized DeltaV process automation and Syncade MES projects mainly focused in the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical industries with the possibility of some projects in other batch related industries. The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with customers as well as the execution, performance and commercial success of the project while working in a team-orientated environment utilizing local and global Emerson project resources. Responsibilities also include managing all Team Emerson engineering and design services and the supply of the system hardware and software.
AS A SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- As leader of the project execution team, the Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing the customer relationship along with their expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Accountable for the commercial success, customer satisfaction and technical project execution and delivery of process automation and MES projects generally in $1M - $10M size with some projects approaching $30 – $40M. Proactively lead and control the execution of process automation projects to meet customer's cost, schedule, and quality of deliverables while adhering to Emerson's Project Management Office project execution processes.
- Accountable for Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Closure of assigned projects
- Proactively managing project risk through collaboration with project team and customer.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimating, scheduling, resource loading and project procurement activities.
- Participate in proposal development and review meetings as requested; estimating project management and project controls efforts, developing preliminary schedule, develop project execution strategy and perform risk assessment for proposals.
- Leading and coordination of the project team through all phases of the Project Life-cycle, as required (Front-end Engineering & Scope Development, Detail Design & Implementation, Construction, Commissioning and Startup). As the key interface between Emerson Management and the project team, the Sr. Project Manager will lead periodic project reviews with Emerson Management.
- Manage project scope and financial health through management of change processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
You readily distinguish between what's relevant and what's unimportant to make sense of complex situations. You deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. You find common ground and acceptable alternatives that satisfy the needs of multiple stakeholders. You adapt quickly to changing conditions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's of Science degree, or relevant experience.
- Candidates must have 10 years of relevant experience with 5 years minimum of Project Management experience, leading automation and/or MES projects.
- Process control system and/or MES experience with knowledge of various hardware products, technologies and services deployed for process control system and/or MES projects. Typical project technologies include products such as DeltaV, Syncade MES, plus interfaces with other systems.
- Deployment experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions
- Possess excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills enabling professional communication and presentation accuracy with customer and organizational leadership.
- Adept in working with third party contractors and have proven ability to convey a professional image while building and sustaining customer relationships.
- Have excellent business acumen with a clear understanding of Revenue/Cost/Profit, be experienced in managing both fixed price and reimbursable projects, and comfortable with meeting with Emerson management reporting financials and project performance metrics.
- Must be comfortable in an operating plant environment and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding and catwalks, etc.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, be highly organized, capable of prioritizing and assigning work in a project team environment with interdisciplinary teams of different backgrounds often distributed in different geographic locations in the world.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, results driven and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Moderate travel to support customer meetings, design / review meetings, design information gathering, construction support, check-out/commissioning, GMP Qualification and startup/hot cutover.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with Life Sciences Processes and/or typical MES applications in the life sciences industry.
- Experience with Computer System Validation processes in the Life Sciences industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other PM certification(s), and/or a Master of Business Administration degree.
- MES implementation project experience.
- Agile/Scrum project execution experience
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website